Step-By-Step Guide to Buying a Car
Buying a new car is exciting, whether you are a first-time buyer or trading in for an upgrade. However, buying a car is a big decision that should not be made impulsively. Apart from your home, it may be one of the biggest purchases you make in your lifetime.
It’s important to budget properly so your car isn’t a huge strain on your monthly budget.
Know what you can afford
Start by finding out exactly what you can afford. Remember to take into consideration insurance and registration costs.
Find a vehicle
Next comes the fun part – shopping for a car. Don’t limit yourself to one brand and make sure you take the car for a test drive.
Apply for finance
Once you’ve chosen your vehicle, be sure that you understand all the available options, so that you can choose the option that best suits you.
To apply, you will need to follow this Step-By-Step Guide to Buying a Car:
- 18 years old or older
- A permanently employed salaried individual, earning a minimum salary of R6500pm
- Have a valid South African driver’s licence with no endorsements
- A South African citizen or permanent resident; and
- Have a good credit history
Documents you’ll need to complete your application
- A copy of your valid South African identity car/book/document
- A copy of the front and back of your South African drivers’ licence
- Proof of your income, not older than 3 months
- Salaried individuals – latest 3 months payslips
- Commission earners – Latest 3 month’s payslips and latest 3 months’ stamped bank statements. No internet bank statements will be accepted.
- Proof of residence, such as a utility bill, not older than 3 months.
Come into CMH Datsun Hillcrest and let us help you with your vehicle finance today.
Contact us on 031 763 3121 or visit www.datsunhillcrest.co.za