Join in and celebrate with Datsun and 200 000 other Datsun owners across the world who are enjoying the low cost of ownership, best run around and fuel efficient car in the market.
Travelling in these two budget beaters, holidays like the Easter will never be a dread again. It will be fun because not only do you save money on fuel but you have cash back in your pocket to have fun with family, friends and have memorable adventures.
To make this Easter memorable here are 5 tips to remain safe on the road in your Datsun.
TRAVEL AT RECOMMENDED ROAD SPEED LIMITS
• You will save fuel- the faster you drive the more your vehicle consumes fuel and vice versa.
• You don’t have to worry about speed traps
• No extra cost incurred through speeding fines/tickets
• Avoid crashes and accidents
KEEP LUGGAGE AT A MINIMUM
Don’t exceed your load capacity because overloading will:
• Steering control becomes less precise and untimely
• Stopping the vehicle becomes longer and harder in emergency situations
• In a front-wheel drive vehicle, tyre surface on the road and road holding will be reduced
TAKE SHORT BREAKS EVERY 200KM
Take regular, short breaks –
• When traveling with kids- take selfies for memorable trips and this can help avoid the squabbling by kids which can distract a driver;
• You will feel fresh and more alert when driving long distances;
• Expect delays and add more time to your trip which will be less tiring and more enjoyable.
CHECK YOUR TYRE LOAD & SPEED RATING
Check the load factor and speed rating displayed on the sidewall of tyres:
• It is essential that these two limits should not be exceeded.
• Exceeding speed limits and load factors on tyres for long periods causes tyre damage and may result in an accident which could have been avoided.
DRINK LOTS OF WATER & EAT HEALTHY
Pack a healthy snack box
• Eat light snacks on the road- like your fruit, nuts, sandwiches and fresh water as this helps keep you alert.
• Fatty and other fast foods are heavy on the body as well hard for the body to break down and can make you tired and sleepy because they don’t have the essential fibre and vitamin to keep you alert.