We at CMH Datsun Durban do not see you as a customer, but rather as our family. And with family, your safety is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we believe sharing this helpful information would be beneficial to you and your loved ones.
E-Hailing services have increased in popularity over the past few years, it is convenient, easy and reliable. It can help you skip the stress and get you where you need to be, but there is always a safety concern. With that being said, here are a few safety tips we have for you to keep in mind before calling your next ride.
1. Wait indoors until your ride arrives – For your safety, it is best to wait indoors until you receive the notification that your driver has arrived and is outside waiting for you. Often it is also best to wait with a trusted friend.
2. Match your registration and driver to the profile – Once your driver arrives, ensure that you first match the vehicle description and registration to the one that has been given to you on your app. Any differences should be reported immediately, and you should not continue with the trip.
3. Question your driver first – Seeing as the app also provides you with an image and name of your driver, if your vehicle details have matched you can then match the image and always ask them who they are looking for, if the answer is correct then you can continue with your trip.
4. Share your whereabouts – Always ensure that a loved one knows where you are and where you are heading to – we understand that life gets busy, and you often must travel alone to get your day-to-day tasks done. It is extremely important that somebody knows where you are going. The best way to ensure your safety is to share your trip details as well as your location with a trusted friend and/or loved one.
5. COVID-19 now is another factor to add to your list when using e-hailing services. Confirm with the driver that the vehicle has been sanitized or request for it to be sanitized in front of you. Practice social distancing by sitting in the back seat behind the front passenger seat and ensure both you and your driver are always wearing your facemasks, sanitize once you have left the vehicle.
6. Be vigilant – It is important not to get too distracted during your trip, watch the route you are taking, keep an eye out for landmarks if you are not familiar with the area and pay attention to road names.
7. Trust your gut – if you are in the middle of your trip and have a gut feel that something is wrong, feel free to call emergency services or a trusted friend and request assistance. If you are unsure if you should get into the vehicle once your driver arrives, it will be best for you to cancel your trip and request a new one. Always put your safety first.
If you are keen on starting an E-Hailing service and not sure what vehicle to go for why not look at our Datsun range. To find out more contact us at CMH Datsun Durban to enquire about our specials. You can call us on 0877249330 or visit us at 115 Monty Naicker Street Durban.